Covid-19 – Prime Minister’s Announcement
Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki announced today (24 March 2020) a series of procedures being implemented in the face of the global Covid-19 crisis.
- Restrictions on travel for the entire population of Poland. Travelling to and from work is permitted, also volunteer work as well as travelling for essential activities;
- A complete ban on gatherings in public squares, playgrounds, streets, parks;
- Restrictions on public transport – passengers need to leave a gap of two seats between each other;
- Ban on public gatherings of three people or more;
- Current shopping centre restrictions remain in place;
- The government will be implementing a national support mechanism, the so-called ‘Anti-crisis shield’;
- When moving around, people should keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from each other;
- A mobile application to be introduced for checking if quarantined people remain at home.
The above will remain in place until 11 April 2020.
For more information, assistance or advice, please contact Iga Piotrowska.