Energy & Natural Resources
This is one of the most dynamic sectors of the economy which requires specialist knowledge to thrive in the modern market. The changes that are currently happening both in our geopolitical environment and society are having a huge impact on the economy, posing challenges for companies in the photovoltaics renewable energy industry.
The number of legal obligations imposed on businesses and entrepreneurs is constantly growing and becoming increasingly complicated.
Lawyers in Energy and Natural Resources in Poland
Energy and natural resources law matters may include the construction of new solar, coal or wind power stations, the creation of gas infrastructure, investment in sustainable projects and innovation, or mergers and acquisitions of entities operating in the same area.
Whatever the case, our main goal is to provide companies with solutions that offer business continuity, sustainability and security on the labour market, in an age of changing regulations. Our team of lawyers are have experience in the specifics of the natural resources industry and can provide practical and relevant advice. We offer assistance in obtaining necessary licenses and permits, making business decisions, preparing the necessary document, contracts and applications; we can also represent Polish and international clients in disputes and litigation.
Our team delivers hands-on assistance to oil, gas, and other natural resources companies, industrial manufacturers, and renewable energy sector players. We operate in Poland and across Central and Eastern Europe.
Future-oriented in scope, our legal advice covers the full spectrum of regulatory matters, construction of infrastructure, making transactions, as well as cross-border projects and undertakings. In order to service the complex projects of clients, we also work closely with our Public Procurement and Construction practices.GET IN TOUCH
- Renewable Energy Resources
Renewable Energy Resources
Our lawyers have experience in advising such projects as wind on-shore and off-shore projects, solar power plants, waste to energy and other renewable energy sources. We advise on various projects in Poland as well as on cross-border transactions. Our work includes:
– All zoning, construction and environmental related matters, RES-specific issues, decisions, permits, including relation with RES regulatory aspects (in particular for the RES support scheme requirements), construction authority requirement (e.g. issues associated with energy commissioning) and bankability assessment;
– All project development and management related contracts, such as EPC, BOP, DMA, EPCM, CMA, O&M;
– Energy purchase and sell contracts (including long-term PPAs), trading on the energy exchange, as well as more specific contracts regarding CO2 allowance or RES certificates (CPA under previous support scheme);
– All regulatory aspects, including concession proceedings regarding generation, distribution and trading of electricity (both for promise and concession aspects) and other proceedings involving Energy Regulatory Office (PL URE);
– Acquisition and disposal of portfolios of energy sources, including share and asset deals.
We have experience with infrastructure projects such as power plants (coal, gas and renewables, such as wind and solar), roads and highways, telecommunication infrastructure, rail infrastructure, as well as oil and gas sector infrastructure, stadiums and other complex infrastructure projects, cargo terminals, production factories and others.
We closely cooperate with other practices to cover all aspects of such projects and transactions, including all contraction and environmental issues, regulatory requirements and public-law related aspects, such as concession, PPP and public procurement.
Our clients operate in a wide-range of sectors, such as energy, oil and gas, construction, real estate, rail, aviation, automobile, telecoms and various heavy industries.
Practical experience of energy-related projects.